twicer ®   14-Oct-2024 11:51

Guidance Bunkering Precautions and Avoidance of Bunker Quality Disputes


Year: 2024
Language: English
Author: Britannia P&I Club
Genre: Guide
Edition: October 2024
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 5
Description: Britannia Loss Prevention Guidance Bunkering Precautions and Avoidance of Bunker Quality Disputes.
Bunkering operations are pivotal in maritime logistics and present distinct risks and challenges. Each bunker operation is to be regarded as a unique event which possesses its own individual risks. Therefore, shipowners must conduct a comprehensive risk assessment of every bunker operation as part of their Safety Management System (SMS) before starting.
Disputes arising from bunker quality are multifaceted, often hindered by insufficient evidence including representative samples and fuel analysis reports. The ISO 8217 specification may not adequately detect fuels with unusual compositions or contaminants until issues arise during usage. Possible issues may include, but are not limited to, blockage of fuel filters, overloading of purifiers, sticking of fuel injection pumps, broken piston rings, and ultimately, engine shutdowns.
It’s important to note that this guidance offers high-level, generic information and shouldnot be considered exhaustive.

Contents

na

Screenshots

Guidance_Bunkering Precautions and Avoidance of Bunker Quality Disputes.pdf

Download [656 B]

Thank U
Reply

Similar releases

Carriage of Energy Storage Units on Bulk carriers - Britannia P&I Club [2023, PDF]
Loss Prevention Guidances - Britannia P&I Club [2025, PDF]
Ship to Ship (STS) transfer operation | Prepare to Abort - Britannia P&I Club [2024, PDF]
Loss Prevention Guidances - Britannia P&I Club [2025, PDF]
Loss Prevention Guidances - Britannia P&I Club [2026, PDF]
Reducing the Risk of Damage to or Loss of Non-Standardized Cargo - London P&I Club and Others [2022,...
Transport Guidance for the Prevention of Shortages for Dry Bulk Cargoes - The American Club [2025, P...
Carriage of Grain and Oilseed Cargoes | an Overview for the Maritime Sector - Britannia P&I Club [20...
Bunker Quality Disputes Part 1 & 2 : Claims Guides - The West of England P&I Club [201x, PDF]
REDUCING THE RISK OF LIQUEFACTION, Operational guidance for vessels that carry cargoes which may liq...
LOAD MORE
  • Reply

The time now is: Today 15:08

All times are GMT + 3 Hours