Gogo81 ®   12-May-2020 05:17

Wreck and Resurrection : How I Made $60,000 Repairing My Sailboat


Year: 2001
Language: english
Author: David Harris
Genre: Technical book
Publisher: Tortuga Books
Edition: First
ISBN: 9781893561038
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 195
Description: After my 32-foot catamaran sailboat, Top Cat, was wrecked during Hurricane Georges in September,
1998, I repaired it my­ self. This book is an account of my experiences with the wreck and the
repair.
Months of effort were required to get the insurance claim paid, though there were no disputed
issues, and that is a part of this account.
As a homeowner I had done simple plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work, but I had virtually no
experience working on boat repairs and none at all with fiberglassing. I learned the necessary
skills as the job progressed and sometimes I learned the hard way. My education in the basics of
boat repair is also part of this story.
The hands-on work of repair took six months, but the big­ gest part of the job was planning,
organizing, and obtaining parts to replace those that were missing or damaged. Hundreds of let­
ters, faxes, e-mails and telephone calls were required to put Top Cat back together. I communicated
with the insurance agent, the claims adjuster, the insurance company, the Florida Depart­ ment of
Insurance, the boat manufacturer, equipment and parts suppliers, sailboat riggers, sailmakers, and
many others.

Contents

Screenshots

Wreck and resurrection how I made $60,000 repairing my sailboat

Download [5 KB]

Thank U
Reply

Similar releases

Simple Boat Maintenance - Manley P. [2014, PDF]
The Restoration Handbook. The Essential Guide to Fibreglass Yacht Restoration & Repair - Enric Rosel...
Cape Horn to Starboard - Kretschmer J. [2014, EPUB]
How to Design a Boat - John Teale [1998, PDF]
Robotic Sailing 2015 - Proceedings of the 8th International Robotic Sailing Conference - Friebe A., ...
Work Accidents at Sea - Grahame Aldous [2008, PDF]
Narrow Boats - Ownership, Care and Maintenance - Stimpson M. [2019, EPUB]
Welding Engineering : An Introduction - Phillips, David H. [2016, PDF]
Tanker Specification Awareness Guide - INTERTANKO [2003, PDF]
Caterpillar 3208 Diesel Engine Service Manual - CATERPILLAR [201*, PDF]
LOAD MORE
  • Reply

The time now is: Today 17:35

All times are GMT + 3 Hours