jdecmail ®   21-Aug-2018 23:13

The Seaman's Manual


Year: 1841
Language: english
Author: Richard Henry Dana
Genre: Manual
Format: PDF
Quality: OCR without errors
Pages count: 159
Description: Old seaman's manual. It is a kind of dictionary. it could be interesting from a historical point of view.

Contents

A treatise on practical seamanship, a dictionary of sea terms; customs and usages of the merchant service and laws relating to the practical duties of Masters and Mariners.

Screenshots

18845404-Tall-Ships-1841-Seaman-s-Manual.pdf

Download [2 KB]

Thank U
Reply
jdecmail ®   22-Aug-2018 11:14
Well, to be honest, I was not there.. the editor's note is in London, October 4, 1841. If you consider the pdf conversion as a new edition... I have no idea when it was, but the content seems that remains as it was in 1841.
0
Reply
Arcan   22-Aug-2018 11:58
jdecmail, Scanned version of 1841 year looks like below:
Attachments seamansmanualcon00danarich.pdf (17 MB, Downloaded: 27 times)
1
Reply
jdecmail ®   22-Aug-2018 12:31
Arcan, yeah, I mean, from my point of view, the pdf can be considered as a reprint (there is nothing new) but still being the same edition... isn't it? to tell the truth I didn't compare both in a deep way cause I need to rest for the watch XD. Anyway if you already have on seatracker this edition I'll remove the post. Thanks!
0
Reply

Similar releases

The Seaman’s Friend - Dana R.H. [1851, PDF]
Dana Dictionary of Sea Terms. 1841-1851 - Dana R.H. [1851, PDF, DOCx]
Maritime & Shipping Bookshelf - Various [199x-2020, PDF]
The Maritime Engineering Reference Book - Tony Molland [2008, PDF]
Dutton’s Nautical Navigation, 15th Edition - Thomas J. Cutler [2003, JPEG]
English For Maritime Studies - T. N. Blakey [1987, PDF]
Морской англо-русский иллюстративно-информационный словарь [Том I] - Л.А. Козырь [2008, PDF]
Rarity Maritime Books Collection of XIX-XX century (Редкие морские учебники 19-20 столетия) - Differ...
Conversation on Merchant Ship - Unknown [201?, PDF]
Introduction to Marine Engineering (Second Edition) - D. A. Taylor [2003, PDF]
LOAD MORE
  • Reply

The time now is: Today 10:03

All times are GMT + 3 Hours